We endeavour to offer the best possible in service terms. All communication is answered personally by us and not by automatically generated email. We always welcome feedback from our customers. Our Sales Policy is designed to clarify what you can expect from us, and give you the reassurance to make purchasing from us a pleasure.
Note: For online payments we only accept payment by the following means: Paypal or credit card via Paypal. If speed is a consideration, using Paypal means that once we have notification that payment has been made we can normally post your purchase on to you within 24 hours (weekends and Bank Holidays excluded).
We also offer a free gift-wrapping service. Please let us know on the Paypal payment page if you wish to take advantage of this service.
1. Click on the ‘buy’ button by the item of jewellery. This will take you through to complete your secure purchase (note: you can still buy using Paypal, even if you don’t have a Paypal account, as long as you have a credit card). Payment will not be deemed to have been made and shipment will not be initiated until the funds have been received in Fidra Ltd's Paypal accoun. We can also arrange payment via bank transfer if this is more convenient, just email or phone us for details.
2. Once payment has been received, we will email receipt of your payment, and can then arrange delivery of your purchase. With your purchase we will enclose a receipt and valuation/detailed description of the item.
In the United Kingdom: Every item you buy from us is posted using insured ‘Special Delivery’ which during the week is generally guaranteed next day (after posting) delivery. You will be notified of the tracking number and the anticipated day of arrival.
If you require 'Emergency Delivery!!', please contact us for a price.
Outside of the United Kingdom, please contact us for postal charges. Purchases from overseas may incur import taxes which will be charged to the customer (ie USA and Australia etc) plus with high value items we may need to arrange delivery via a specialist courier, again at an extra cost - please enquire for details.
Condition of previously worn items: Where an item is stated to be antique or second-hand, this does in most cases mean that the item has been worn before. Many antique or second-hand pieces will show some wear commensurate with their age or have been subject to some restoration work or repair over time.
Description of items: Each piece offered has been described and represented as accurately as possible. Due to the variations in monitors and the utilization of different browsers and systems, the specific colours of items can only be approximated. Our antique jewellery items are one-of-a-kind, for which we are unable to offer replacements or exchanges.
Insurance: We advise you to insure your jewellery on your home owners’ policy or any other policy you wish to take out.
Jewellery repairs: Please note that any item of jewellery purchased from us is no longer guaranteed by Fidra Ltd when after purchase, a jeweller not employed by us has worked on it. This applies to stone setting, ring sizing and any major or minor repairs.
Privacy: Your personal information will not be used in any form of junk marketing. We will not pass on personal information to other companies. We will not contact you with offers from our site.
Online Purchases: In the unlikely event of two purchasers wishing to purchase the same item simultaneously (the items on our website are also available to purchase in our shop), we will always honour the first payment received and refund the unlucky buyer in full as soon as possible.
Refunds: Your satisfaction is our Primary Concern! If, when an item has been purchased online, and you are not fully satisfied with your purchase, you may return it for a refund (exclusive of shipping/insurance charges) in line with Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013. Exemptions include items which we have tailor-made or personalised, sized or adjusted in any way for you.
To receive a refund or credit note:
1. You must notify us by email or telephone within 3 days after you receive the item(s).
2. Returns must be sent out to us within 24 hours after notification.
3. Items must be returned, fully insured for the paid price, in the exact same condition as dispatched, in the original packaging, without any alterations or damage in order to receive your refund. Please include your sales receipt.
Refunds or credits will be processed within 3 days of receipt and inspection of the item(s). We will confirm receipt of the returned item(s), and completion of the refund, by email.
Restocking Fee: We reserve the right to deduct 10% of the purchase price of the returned item(s) to cover handling and re-stocking costs.
Our company details are as follows:
VAT No. 190 4870 50
Company Reg. No. 1014545
Registered Office: Chantry Lodge, Pyecombe Street, Pyecombe, East Sussex BN45 7EE